LAST REVISED: 10/10/2017
- Hallmark Movies Now - a video subscription service for viewing family-friendly movies, shows, and other programming (www.hallmarkmoviesnow, www.hmnow.com and the Hallmark Movies Now apps), which is operated in conjunction with channels owned and operated by Crown Media United States,
- Hallmark eCards - an online electronic greeting card subscription service (www.hallmarkecards.com and the Hallmark ecards apps)
- Shoebox - a print on demand greeting card app
Information We Collect
- Information we collect
- How we use your information
- Who we disclose information to
- Your choices about your information
We collect personal and anonymous information about you. Sometimes you provide this information directly, but we also collect information automatically through our Services, and from other sources. We also may collect information from you about other people (if you order a greeting card for another person, for example).
Types of information we collect:
We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Information. "Personal Information" means information that allows someone to identify or contact you (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of these). "Anonymous Information" means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information. Anonymous Information does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We may create Anonymous Information by aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information.
We collect information you provide to us:
We collect information automatically:
- When you create an account to log into any of our Services, you may be asked to provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your first and last name, email address, physical address and password.
- When you order products or services you will be asked to provide us with all the Personal Information and financial information necessary to complete the transaction, which may include your name, credit card information, zip code, billing address and shipping address. We do not collect financial information (such as credit card numbers) you provide through our Services, rather that information is sent directly to our third-party payment processors, who process payment transactions, and who may retain information necessary to process the transaction and store information for future purchases if you choose to do so..
- When you provide us information or content (such as images, text, contacts, events, etc) using your Account or in connection with an order for products or services, we may retain it in our servers.
- When you post content on one of our public message boards, customer support pages, or product or service review pages, we will collect that information and other users may be able to see the information you submitted.
- When you contact us for support, questions or to provide feedback, we may collect any information you provide to us directly or through your device, including your phone number, email address or any other information you provide.
- When you connect to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your device, we may receive that identifier and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- When you enable location services on your mobile device, we may collect your location information for a variety of purposes, including, for example, to provide you with location-based information and advertising, or notify you of our Affiliates stores or products near you. You may be able to prevent the collection of your location information through your device settings (e.g., by disabling location services on your phone).
- When you use our Services on a mobile device, including through our apps, we may collect your phone number and unique device identification number.
- We may ask or require you to provide certain other information to use certain features, and the information we require may change from time to time depending on, for example, our features and functionality, or your relationship with our Services.
- When you log into our Services using social sign-ons (such as Facebook Connect or Twitter), we may access your social account information, as allowed by the permissions you have granted, which may include name, profile picture, networks, friends and other information you've shared with everyone, your photos and videos, and your friends' information including birthdays and photos, and other information as specifically identified if we ask for permission to access your information.
We collect information from you about others:
- Our Services (which may be hosted by third-party service providers) automatically collect non-personally identifiable information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, referring/exit pages, the date/time stamp for your visit, and/or the clickstream data, among other things.
- If you downloaded or use any of our apps, we may also collect information (but not Personal Information) from your mobile device, such as the type of device you use and how you use our apps. Also, in the event any of our Apps crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model, software version, and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Apps. We may ask for authorization to access other content on your mobile device, such as contacts or photos, etc.
Information we collect from others about you:
- If you use our Services to send things like an ecard, paper card, video, or an invitation to use our Services, we collect Personal Information about the recipient (such as name, mailing address, and email address, as appropriate). We may share the information regarding the transaction with third parties we use to process your information (i.e., to create, send, or deliver the card or product).
- We may provide you the opportunity to add a personal list of contacts, which may include names, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, events and dates (such as birthdays) for your use in connection with our Services. We may ask for your permission to access contacts on your mobile device or through other third party service where your contacts are stored. We will use this access only to make these contacts available through our Services and to help you find the right products and services for these contacts..
How we use your information
- We may receive information about you from third parties if you engaged those third parties in connection with our Services, such as if you download one of our apps from an app store, or made a payment using a third-party payment processor.
- We may also supplement the information we collect about you with information from other Hallmark Affiliates (such as Hallmark Channel or Crown Rewards account information) or with information from outside third parties (such as demographic information).
We generally use your Personal Information in connection with your use of our Services, including accessing and using the features of the Services, delivering any content, products and services you request, tailoring the experience to you, communicating with you about the Services. We also may use your Personal and Anonymous information to help us improve our Services, develop new Services or products, and deliver marketing to you outside of our Services. For example, we may use your information to:
Creation and Use of Anonymous Information.
- Create, maintain, and secure your Account(s) on our Services;
- Provide the Services and/or products you request;
- Recommend products or services we think might be relevant to you;
- Identify you as a user of our Services and recognize you on subsequent visits;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services;
- Process transactions you initiate;
- Identifying you as a consumer across different Hallmark Affiliates, such as the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Cards, Incorporated
- Identify you as the sender or recipient of Services and/or products we offer;
- Notify you about changes to Our Properties;
- Track your movements throughout our Services and to third party sites;
- Deliver advertising to you throughout our Services and at third-party sites;
- Send you Account-related emails such as: a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided us when your Account was created, an email to help reset your password, or an administrative email such as a security or support email;
- Send you newsletters, surveys, sweepstakes, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services (or those of our Affiliates or permitted business partners);
- Tailor our products and services to our users;
- Gain an understanding of the usage of our products and services;
- Generate consumer models for current and future products and services;
- Analyze your usage of our Services to present you with advertising and promotional materials in different channels across multiple platforms;
- Improve the administration and quality of our Services; and
- For other marketing purposes.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to use Anonymous Information for any purpose, and to disclose Anonymous Information to third parties. We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
Cookies are small pieces of information that a website saves on your hard drive when you visit a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them or until they expire according to their own schedule). Cookies help make parts of our Services work better, allow us to tailor the experience to your special interests and needs and provide information to help us and our service providers better understand our visitors and how they use our Services. We may use the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies are necessary to allow certain part of our Services to function. For example, they allow you to log in to areas of our Services only enabled for registered users, and help content on pages you requested load quickly. Without the use of these cookies, parts of our Service would not function.
- Functionality cookies help us provide a personal, enhanced experience each time you visit our Services. For example, functionality cookies allow us to remember choices you made when you previously used our Services, such as remembering your login details, address book, recently viewed pages, and the changes you made to other parts of our Services that you can customize.
- Advertising cookies are cookies we place on our Services so that third parties (such as LiveRamp and Facebook Custom Audiences) can identify users, group them with other users with similar interests, and deliver to you and them interest-based content and advertisements. The information collected about you may also be used to track your location, activity and serve interest-based content and advertisements across multiple websites, apps, and across multiple devices. We may share information about you with our advertising partners such as your name, postal address, email, or other identifier, which is turned into hashed or obfuscated data used only to match the advertising cookie to other non- personally identifiable points. Our advertising cookie partners may also may collect information directly from your device, such as your IP address, device ID, and information about your browser or operating system; may combine our non-personal information about you with information from other sources; and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. To opt-out of third party cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices. To opt-out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- Social media cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing option on our Services (e.g., if you share your ecard on Facebook). The social network will record that you have done this, and share that information with our Services.
- Flash Cookies, or local shared objects, may be used on our Services that use Adobe's Flash Player. They allow us to enhance your flash player viewing experience, by, for example, storing your volume preferences. Flash Cookies are stored in a different location, meaning they may not be manageable from your browser settings. Read about managing privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies on this Flash Player Help Page.
Do Not Track signals
Although we would like to honor browsers set with do not track ("DNT") signals, at this time our Services do not respond to DNT signals or other mechanisms that might enable users to opt out of tracking on Our Properties. For more information about DNT, please visit: https://allaboutdnt.com/.
We use "Pixel Tags" (also referred to as clear .gifs, web beacons, or web bugs), which are tiny graphic images, each with a unique identifier, that are similar to cookies and are used to track online movements of users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, pixel tags are embedded invisibly in websites and emails and can let us know when they have been downloaded and viewed. We may use such information from Pixel Tags to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
Who we disclose information to
Your choices about your information
- Our Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers to: provide you with the products and services that we offer you through our Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to fulfill your product orders; to facilitate creation of Accounts; to provide technical support; to analyze our customer data and/or to provide us other services.
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use our Services, some of the Personal Information you provide us will be shared with third parties you designate to receive such information. For example, when you send an ecard to a recipient (e.g. a friend, relative, or business associate), that recipient may receive access to your name, email address, and mailing address, as appropriate. Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may be able to designate others to access such information as well.
- Our Marketing Partners. We do not share email addresses for email marketing by unaffiliated third parties. We share Anonymous Information with our third-party marketing partners to analyze trends and viewing patterns, track user movements, and gather broad demographic and behavioral information for aggregate use. We may also share your name and email address with certain third-party marketing partners to, among other things, compare your information with each third-party marketing partner's user information for the purpose of helping us better market our products and Services to you and other users on third-party websites. We may share postal addresses with third party marketing partners so that they may contact you with marketing messages we think you would be interested in.
- Our Payment Processors. We use third-party payment processors to process payments made to us. When you provide payment information on our Services, your Personal Information may be shared between us and the payment processor to facilitate the transaction, but your financial information, other than the last four digits of your credit card and expiration date, will not be shared with Hallmark Labs. We may share information with our payment processors to protect against and investigate fraud and abuse.
- Your Feedback & Comments. If you provide feedback or comments to us about our products or services (such as ratings and reviews), we may publish your feedback or comments and identify you by your first name and/or initials and/or city/state, and may contact you regarding your experience.
You have several choices about the use of your information on our Services:
Notice to California Residents
- Email Communications. If you have opted to hear from us by email, we may send you periodic newsletters and/or promotional emails about our Services and other products and services we think might be of interest to you. When you receive promotional communications from us, you may opt-out of receiving further promotional email communications from us by following the 'unsubscribe instructions' provided in the email you receive or by contacting us at the contact information listed below, or by accessing your Account on each service's website and changing your communication preferences. Despite your indicated email preferences, we may continue to send you service-related communications (such as billing reminders, ecard delivery notices, etc).
- Change Your Personal Info. You may review, update or correct Personal Information in your Account by editing your Account information on the applicable website or app, or by contacting us at the contact information below. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, and we may retain an archived copy of your records.
- Apps. You can stop all collection of information by any of our Apps by uninstalling them. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace (e.g. the Apple App Store or Google Play Store).
- Disable Cookies. If you do not wish to accept Cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser's technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, parts of our Services may not function.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1798.83:
A California resident who has provided Personal Information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a "California Customer") may request information about whether the business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of Personal Information, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at the email address listed below. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California Customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the email address listed below.
A Note to Users Outside the United States
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
Our Services are for general audiences and are not specifically directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
General Contact: Hallmark Labs
3130 Wilshire Blvd., 4th Floor
Attn: Customer Care
Santa Monica, CA 90403